It didn’t feel quite right to be full on red, white and blue this year. I decided to do a tropical theme and integrated some stars for tradition.
I tried to stick to turquoise/green, pink, white and silver/gold decor. I hung up star and tropical garlands. And found a cute pink flamingo.
We did individual portions for everyone (vs. doing a cheese board or something) to keep things safe. The menu was:
– Small bowl with caprese on a toothpick, smoked Gouda slices + crackers
– Large bowl with blue tortilla chips + shooter of salsa
– Plastic cup (labeled with their name) with strawberries, blueberries, red grapes, Twizzlers + a straw – people could add wine/a seltzer to the fruit or eat the fruit first and then use the cup afterwards
– Individual lemon no-bake cake balls
– We served hot dogs/brats later in the day
For alcohol, I made strawberry jello shots, got flag rosé and lots of tropical seltzers. We used star and round silver plates, tropical napkins and a turquoise plastic table cloth. We also gave everyone sparklers!
Overall, I think this was a fun and different way to decorate for the holiday!
OVERALL DECOR BUDGET: >$50